The Chicago Regional Council of Carpenters Apprentice and Training Program is now accepting applicants for Pre-Apprenticeship training classes in general construction. The policy of this program is to encourage veteran, minority and female participation and all applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Must be 17 years of age or older (Driver’s License or State I.D. Card required)
2. Must have copy of High School Diploma or High School Transcripts (must have official school seal – 8 credits minimum, or copy of G.E.D. Certificate)
3. Have a original Social Security Card to present or a receipt showing duplicate card has been applied.
4. MUST PRESENT the following requirements at the Apprentice Program Office, 1256 Estes Avenue, Elk Grove Village, Illinois, (847) 640-7373 Monday – Friday between the hours of 9:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. – DEADLINE – APPLY BEFORE THURSDAY, MAY 27, 2021.
A $25.00 “Non-Refundable” Application Processing Fee is required. (MONEY ORDERS & CASHIERS ONLY – NO CASH).
5. Reside in one of the following counties, Cook, DuPage, Grundy, Iroquois, Kane, Kankakee, Kendall, Lake, McHenry or Will.
6. Pass a proficiency test and a drug test at a later date.
7. Be physically fit to work as a carpenter with no restrictions.
8. Applicants must register in person.